· The investment firm owns 13% of the Warrior Met Coal company in Brookwood, Alabama, where 1,000 miners have been on strike since April 1. Warrior Met, formed by a group of investors to take over the Brookwood mines when the previous owner went bankrupt in 2016, demanded that the miners work up to seven days a week and take a 6anhour pay cut, accept reduced health .
· Sun Mining trading is a sister company of Sunshine Investment Group. The proposed coal production plant will have an annual production capacity of 800,000 tons of washed coal. Sun Mining had officially received the hectare land permit from the Gurage zone for factory construction.
· Botswana has more than 200 billion tons of untapped coal reserves and is developing six new coal mines. With banks shying away from the industry, Botswana has turned to investors from the largest global coal consumer, China. Key to developing the projects is the construction of a rail link to South Africa that could be as long as 125 kilometers.
· British coal mine backers fear Australian investor will walk. London | A controversial Australiabacked British coal mining project has been kicked .
· Turkey's Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources will offer 500 coal mines across the country to potential investors in public tenders. Details of the various sales will be released in a minimum of 15 days, along with information on the conditions of participation and the scope of the licenses on offer, according to a decision by the ministry published in the Official Gazette on Monday.
· Manzolwandle Investments expresses confidence in proceeding with its proposed coal mine on the southern border of Kruger National Park. Andiswa Matikinca reports for Earth Focus Zebra in Kruger National Park, one of the largest game reserves in Africa and one of the biggest tourist attractions in South Africa. Photo courtesy Thomson Reuters Foundation A small...
· Business Fear and loathing at Poland's Turow coal mine. The European Court of Justice has demanded Warsaw pay a daily fine of €500,000 after it declined to shut down Poland's Turow coal mine.
Nov 04, 2021 · West Cumbria Mining, funded by Australian venture capital, wants to dig a coal mine on the edge of Whitehaven that it says would provide 500 jobs, paying about 82,000 to .
Bettercoal was established in 2012 by a group of major coal buyers, including utilities, rather than the coal mining industry. Its mission is to promote continuous improvement in mining and sourcing coal for the benefit of all the people affected by the industry – including workers and their communities. In effect, it is working towards a globally responsible coal supply chain. More ...
Jul 01, 2015 · The economic landscape for coal mining has changed dramatically in the past two decades. We use exogenous instruments for coal mining to control for unobserved endogeneity. We investigate coal mining's impact on a wide range of local economic indiors. The effects of coal mining on local communities are complex and nuanced.
The cost for startup inventory (coal mining equipment, tippers / trucks and other related coal mining devices) – 250,000. The cost for store equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – 13,750. The cost of purchase and installation of CCTVs – 5,000.
Adani are still trying to fuel the climate crisis by digging the biggest coal mine in Australia's history, and the world's biggest investors are funding it all.. Thanks to our movement, no one is willing to directly fund Adani's disastrous Carmichael coal, Adani are quietly shuffling investor's money through their corporate empire to fund their Queensland coal mine by stealth.
Nov 02, 2021 · The project's objective, he adds is "to create local value which translates in Rugeley to lower carbon, lower energy bills, more investment into the place and in the end growth, as well as an ...
· Companies with current Indonesian mining assets or looking to invest in Indonesia's mining sector should be aware of the key aspects and uncertainties of the New Mining Law, in particular the requirements as to local holdings after 5 years, local refinery/processing, use of local services providers/contractors and minimum pricing. Good group structuring and careful drafting of offtake ...
In 2012 Prophecy entered into a contract with a local Mongolian direct reduced iron (DRI) manufacturing plant, for the sale of 22,100 tonnes of thermal coal from the Company's Ulaan Ovoo mine and the buyer has indied that it would eventually like to increase the supply from Prophecy to .
· The Queensland government has launched an investment prospectus for the Wide Bay Burnett, promoting 28 local mining projects that are "ripe for investment" from private operators.